Part-time rowing coach Melbourne
Job description – rowing coach (part-time) – TopRow Melbourne
Do you love the outdoors? Are you keen and do you have a passion for rowing? Would you love to work for one of the fastest growing international rowing schools? If so, we would love to have you!
TopRow is perfectly placed in the city on Boathouse Drive, a short 3 min walk from Federation Square located alongside the Yarra river. TopRow offers a wide range of rowing courses and lessons for all levels from absolute beginner to seasoned oarsmen.
We delivered our first rowing courses in Spring 2020 (October) working with a small team of motivated coaches. Now that we have a growing client base we are looking to expand our team!
Employment is part-time, ideal to supplement other jul or part time work or in addition to your studies. We offer you the change to combine the two by joining our team. Besides a fun job and engaging job with competitive pay you will also have the opportunity to develop fundamental skills important for future careers including Communication, Teamwork, Leadership, Organisation, Confidence and more.
What are we looking for? Someone who is:
- A passionate (ex-) rower / coach / cox
- At least 18 years old
- Available to work at least two shifts a week, one of which preferably in the weekend (Sat or Sun)
- Motivated and enthusiastic to teach others how to row
What we offer:
- A job in a motivated team of coaches
- The perfect job to combine with studies and/or sports
- Good accompaniment and opportunities for growth in the function
- Our own in-house training to develop your coaching acumen
- Professional supervision and career opportunities within the organisation
- Opportunities to develop important job skills
Our rowing courses are scheduled at set days and times (usually weekday mornings / evenings, Weekend mornings and early afternoons) lasting 8 weeks each and delivered all year round. We expect coaches to commit and attend each and every session for the 8 week course. We will schedule coaches subject to demand for each course. We expect our coaches to be available at least twice a week. Besides our regular rowing courses we also host several one off events such as Open Days. These will take place outside of the regular course times. If you come to work for TopRow, we will expect you to be available to work some these events too.
If you wish to apply for a coaching position at TopRow please send a CV and Cover letter by email to William Golding at firstname.lastname@example.org.