Rowing coach New Haven
Job description – rowing coach (part-time) – TopRow New Haven
Do you like to work outside, have a lot of energy and a passion for rowing? Would you like to be part of a young professional rowing organization? If so, we would love to hear from you!
TopRow New Haven is a start-up, located in the Canal Dock Boathouse on the Quinnipiac River. We offer rowing programs for everyone from beginners to advanced rowers of all ages. Programs will vary from basic Learn to Row courses to private lessons for seasoned rowers.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Coach and cox rowing lessons with the style of TopRow
- Motivate participants throughout rowing sessions
- Assist in the outreach to and recruitment of new participants at tryouts and open houses
- Participate in team meetings and communication
- Ensure safety of participants in regards to rowing technique and on the water
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with participants
Skills and qualifications:
- Be aware and follow of the safety rules of Canal Dock Boathouse, New Haven Harbor, and the Quinnipiac River
- Have experience in rowing/ coxing and/or coaching
- Make every participant excited to get in the boat
- Must love connecting with people and have a passion for helping them continually improve and achieve goals
- Coxwain experience is preferred but not required
Schedule and compensation:
- Position work hours are flexible and will be centered primarily around programming time (weekday mornings, weekday evenings, and weekends)
- This position is expected to work an average of 10 hours/week, and will not exceed 30 hours in a single week. Hours are subject to organizational needs, and cannot be guaranteed year-round.
- Pay for this position will be $20 per hour on a bi-weekly schedule, subject to applicable Federal, State and municipal tax withholding
- A flexible job with motivated team and professional coaches
- Internal coaching and growth possibilities within TopRow
- An education program to become an excellent rowing coach
If interested, please reach out to send us a motivation letter and resume to Mel Abler at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Prospective Coach’ in the subject line.